Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mentor Text: Knucklehead



Today is one of those days when I'm going through my blog stats...and I actually found a blog post that I started about 3 years ago.  What to do?  Do I throw this one away, or do I resurrect this post and put it out there.

If it was anyone but Jon Scieszka, I might consider tossing it.  But I have a soft spot for an author that makes me laugh so hard that milk comes out of my nose...well...who am I to withhold such a treasure?

Ok folks...if you haven't yet shared Knucklehead with your upper grade kiddos, then what the heck are you waiting for?

Knucklehead gives the reader the opportunity to see what makes the genius behind The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales tick.  PLUS...it's an awesome mentor text for student narrative writing!  Seriously.  Awesome.  Scieszka's "Car Trip" is worth the cost of the book.

Who doesn't love a station wagon full of 6 boys and a cat, traveling cross-country?

There are so many great books that can serve as mentor texts for writing.  What books are YOU using as writing mentor texts?


No comments:

Post a Comment