Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Reading Strategies Book: Goal 2 ENGAGEMENT!



Happy Wednesday all!  Today's topic is ENGAGEMENT...and it's an important one at that!  Join Tina over at Crofts' Classroom for today's post.  This is one of those posts that's just full of ideas...not only from Tina herself.  Check out that Comment Section!  Great ideas abound!

My favorite from Goal 2 is Buzz Books.  How do you create a "buzz" in your classroom surrounding books with your kids?  In my class, we have a "Buzz Books" bin that students can add to.  We check it out from time to time!

Another strategy I'm using in my classroom helps to keep some of my wanderers in one place so that they can stay focused and build reading stamina.  I call it "Reading Spots."  When my students find a place to read, the put a "Reading Spot" on the floor and sit down/lay down to read.  My "Reading Spots" are actually brightly colored round placemats from IKEA.  (The best $6.00 I've spent in a long time!)

Tina's post not only shares her faves from Goal 2, but she also asks great questions to stimulate the conversation.

So what are you waiting for?  Stop on by to join i the conversation!

4 comments:

  1. I really do like the "reading spot" idea! Oh, and your clipboard idea for the book shopping list. You are brilliant!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! It's amazing what we can learn from each other here...that's the power of sharing! Keep on putting out the good stuff! I loved today's post!

      Delete
  2. These are GREAT ideas! Much success with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much out there for us to grab! PLUS...it's important work we do here. I'm always amazed at all the different angles we can take as educators...and when something isn't working, it's nice to know that there's more than one way to skin a cat!

      Delete