Ok...I'm a big giant geek when it comes to blogging and I'm in that really frantic "honeymoon phase" where getting a few followers, having my blog "viewed" and having people respond really gets my heart racing.
Special thanks to Cassandra over at Adventures in Room 5 and Emily at I Love My Classroom for nominating me for not one, but TWO awards! I only hope I can live up to her expectations! I'm so thankful for all of those really great, super-creative teachers out there who have graciously allowed me to be their guest and shared amazing ideas. In the perfect world, every colleague does this...but, we all know, this isn't always the case.
Here are the rules for The Versatile Blogger Award as I understand them:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they have been nominated.
So...I've done the first 3. Now here are the 7 random facts about myself:
1. I happily married to my very best friend and soulmate. He is a superintendent of a small school district that I DO NOT teach in. He's working on his dissertation and he is my inspiration.
2. I just had a really tough time spelling "superintendent" and had to go back and spell check 5 times!
3. My 6th grade son is my inspiration for being the absolute best teacher I can possibly be! A really wise principal once told me (pre-kids) that I should teach the way I would want my own child to be taught!
4. I'm a National Board Certified Teacher (Middle Childhood Generalist). This was the hardest thing I have ever done as an educator, but I was privileged to work alongside two of my best friends while we all worked towards this achievement.
5. I can't curl my tongue...much to my disappointment.
6. I use exclamation points and elipses (...) in my writing way too often!
7. I still secretly wish that I had the "mall bangs" of my 80s self!
Now...to nominate 15 other bloggers for this award...
There are so many great blogs out there, and so many people who have already received these awards that I don't think I can hit the 15 mark. I'll just nominate a few blogs that I have really had the chance to look over and fall in love with:
Confessions of a Teaching Junkie
Flamingo Fabulous in Second Grade
Teaching With Pencils & Polka-Dots
The second really sweet award...again, thanks Cassandra at Adventures in Room 5 for this nice little honor:
The Liebster Blog Award highlights those blogs with less than 200 followers. I so want to hit this mark by the end of the summer...who knows?
My nomination for this award goes to Dixie at Teachin' Little Texans. I'd also like to nominate Sarah at Panthers and Polka Dots. It looks like she's just getting started and she is one crafty gal! Megan at Pencils & Polka-Dots is also getting my nomination.
Emily at I Love My Classroom also nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award. Thanks again for giving my blog a chance, Emily!
Don't you just love teachers? :)