Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Technology Tuesday

It's Technology Tuesday and I'm sharing a great website that allows students to create a dialogue that comes to life.  Older students can create political commentary for a Social Studies class...the sky's the limit!   Xtranormal is this AMAZING site that can be used by students for free.  In order to publish a piece of work, you do have to pay, but so much can be accomplished on the free end...why would you need to do more?

They actually do have school pricing, but you might want to try this out before really taking what you have learned to the next level.

Xtranormal allows students to create dialogue and direct characters in order to build a scene that is acted out...like a mini movie.  My students really gained an appreciation for characters and setting while working with Xtranormal.

I'd highly recommend this for grades 4 and up and I see a lot of value to it at the middle school level.  With characters like Crash Test Dummies, "Hello Kitty" styled animals and Manga figures, there's something for everyone.  I am especially partial to "The Big Lebowski..."


The Basic edition is free and is a web-delivered app.  Give it a shot...you'll be amazed at how you can incorporate this into your curriculum. 



2 comments:

  1. I think I am going to have to check this out. Maybe next year when I am teaching third.

    Check out my blog because I just nominated you for some awards :-)

    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! I am your newest follower and love this site.
    Drop by anytime :)

    Tracy
    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete